Connect to multiple databases

Jun 30, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Hi there,

I was hoping to be able to view multiple DBs, as I can with SSMSE, but when I create a connection string I can only view the default DB. Is it possible to view multiple DBs with this product?

The reason I ask is that we have remote access to an Oracle DB and are wanting to query that data in order to insert into local SQL tables, and I was hoping that this software would fit the bill.

Please advise!

Thanks,

Nate
Coordinator
Jul 2, 2014 at 11:05 PM
You can set up as many connections as you like, you select an active one via the dropdown...

Make sure you read the Quickstart document for an introduction

The tool only connects to one DB at a time by design (mini!) but nothing stops running several of them.
Jul 3, 2014 at 1:15 AM
I see. Thank you.
Coordinator
Jul 3, 2014 at 1:33 AM
BTW, I personally have not connected to an Oracle DB for years now, it all depends on the Database Providers you have installed etc (same for other DB's such as SqLite, PostgreSQL etc)
Jul 18, 2014 at 7:42 PM
I managed to connect to the Oracle DB, but received this error immediately:
System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
   at System.Convert.ToInt32(Int64 value)
   at MiniSqlQuery.Core.DbModel.GenericSchemaService.SafeGetInt(DataRow row, String columnName)
   at MiniSqlQuery.Core.DbModel.GenericSchemaService.GetDbTypes(DbConnection connection)
   at MiniSqlQuery.Core.DbModel.GenericSchemaService.GetDbObjectModel(String connection)
   at MiniSqlQuery.PlugIns.DatabaseInspector.DatabaseInspectorForm.ExecLoadDatabaseDetails()
   at MiniSqlQuery.PlugIns.DatabaseInspector.DatabaseInspectorForm.Settings_DatabaseConnectionReset(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at MiniSqlQuery.ApplicationSettings.ResetConnection()
   at MiniSqlQuery.Core.Commands.RefreshDatabaseConnectionCommand.Execute()
   at MiniSqlQuery.Core.CommandControlBuilder.CommandItemClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Do you have some insight on what to do here?
Coordinator
Jul 20, 2014 at 11:59 PM
I don't actually have an Oracle instance setup at the moment to test against... It sounds like the .NET Provider for Oracle is not producing the expected data from the "get schema" call (some providers don't implement that stuff at all).

Do you know what provider you are using? Also the version of DB you are connecting to etc will help...